Monday, August 17, 2009

Take This Tune

This is a fun game to play hosted by Jamie at Take This Tune. Each Friday she posts a video of some piece of music, sometimes with the lyrics. From there, it's up to the creative blogger to post something on his or her own blog on Monday that was inspired by Jamie's choice on Friday, and then link to Jamie so others can share.

This week the music was an opera aria from Mozart that was the background music for a scene from a movie. Want more? Go see Jamie!

&*&*&*&*&*&*

I’m not a big opera fan, but if one has to listen to sopranos in operatic form, Mozart is the one to choose. For me this piece evokes all the hopes and dreams of a woman regarding her potential marriage. “Will he love me? “ “Will he still love me when I’m old?” “Is marriage just a bargain or can it be more?” And her friend reassures her that indeed, marriage for love does exist. It’s just rare and has to be cherished in order to remain a love match.

Thanks, Jamie!

/kw

6 comments:

anthonynorth said...

Wise words on marriage. I'm into my 33rd year of marriage, so we must have worked out the formula.

Durward Discussion said...

Very well done particularly for an opera as tangled as The Marriage of Figaro. Thank you for joining in.

Anonymous said...

I think you captured it very well :) Aloha my friend :)

SouthLakesMom said...

Anthony -- congratulations! We're in our 20th year and sometimes it seems as if we're just now 'getting it'!

Jamie, thanks! I do love Mozart!

Thom, thank you for kind words!

Travis Cody said...

A nice description of marriage, or perhaps of a completely committed relationship.

Thanks for cruising by my place!

Charlene Amsden said...

I am not a fan of soprano voices. They hurt my ears. I would have preferred the music without the singing, but before they started screeching it wasn't too bad. Alas, call me unsophisticated.