Monday, February 3, 2014

Rainy Days & Mondays

They don't always get me down, and today in fact, I'm just as happy with a rainy, soggy morning that I don't have to go out.

I rode my bike yesterday for the first time since Christmas. It was in the 50's.  I had nursery duty at church and the kids don't care if you're sweaty, so I rode over there.  Afterwards, I had a meeting on that side of the highway, so I stayed that direction and rode around some.

This morning I got ready to get out of bed and OW -- my right hip is NOT happy.  I used my old bike, and it's heavy, and it is not a step-through so I think I just insulted muscles not used recently.

So, I'm taking care of business by computer. And lots of business to take care of!  We have a Mini Maker Faire coming up in March and I'm on the planning board. I'm technically the volunteer coordinator, but we all sort of bleed all over the organizing duties to help. The Faire is going to be so much fun.  You can read more about it here:  www.makerfairenova.com

If you have a maker faire anywhere near you -- within 100 miles -- GO.  They are so much fun!  They're an opportunity to let your inner child do that creative thing with other people. They are not competitive, but collaborative.

The Makers who have applied range from exhibits on robotics, arduino, fiber arts, jewelry making, drones, laser cutting, 3D printing, sustainable food folks, etc! And of course, we'll have some bike action with bike blenders making smoothies and bike bling, an exhibit at which faire goers will help us put rhinestones on an old bike to make it flashy -- it will eventually be donated to Phoenix Bikes for auction.

So, a parting photo from yesterday:


"I told you we should have headed south!"

1 comment:

The Bug said...

It's been too cold here to rain - and my car could sure use the bath. I can't even tell that it's blue anymore!

I'm giving myself a two hour delay before heading to work this morning - just to make sure my commute isn't too bad.

The Faire sounds like a lot of fun!