Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo

I am not usually a trend follower. Nor do I succumb to dares. Usually. But in 2005 my ego got me into agreeing to run a physical marathon and I did it in January 2006.  I survived it, and horribly scarred by the experience (not really), vowed to never do such a foolish thing again.

But writing is different. It's fun, right? So, driven by ego and the challenge from my 16 year old daughter whose Creative Writing class is participating, I'm going to try doing it. So if I'm slower than usual in visiting and blogging...sorry!  It's not personal! It's all ego.

3 comments:

The Bug said...

I've got several friends doing this. I'm going to observe them carefully over the next month & see if maybe I'll take the plunge next year. Good luck!

Dystopia said...

You can do it, Mom, if I can.

quilly said...

Good luck, Kelley! You can do it and I can't wait to read it! Go girl!