Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Merry Go Round


School has (finally) started. It seemed last spring that I kept saying, "When school ends, we'll be able to finish this project."

During the summer I averred, "When they go back to school, I'll ..."

Well ... now life has gotten busy again and I find myself only able to write and visit in short spurts.

So I'm trying something new.  Each morning when my alarm goes off at 5:30, I spend another 10 minutes with my eyes closed and pray, 'Lord, order my day. Anything that doesn't get done, give me peace that all time is YOUR time, and help me see the things that you want me to do.'

So far, so good.  Less anxiety and ... I haven't fallen back asleep in those 10 minutes either!

Man, I love Saturday.

If you want to read something beautiful, go here:  http://aninchofgray.blogspot.com/2011/09/well-talk.html

2 comments:

The Bug said...

I could try that, but I'll bet I would fall back asleep. Heck, I fall asleep saying my prayers at night unless I'm doing the rosary - and even then I've come to holding the beads in my hand :)

I can't even imagine the pain of that family. So sad.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the reminder. I wake up and "forget" to ask God to order my steps and give me peace when I fail to complete all that's on my plate.

I so need this right now!