Saturday, March 2, 2013

Oh What Fun

My nephews are visiting from Texas.  They're 20 year old twins and we haven't seen them since 2006.  Family issues and timing have intervened.  So, the last time we saw them they were high energy boys. Now they're high energy, and delightful young men.

My son was at school yesterday and my daughter, home for spring break, had a paper to finish and turn in, so I decided to take them out for a tourist day.

We got on the bikes (thank goodness I haven't been able to sell the exchange student's bike), slapped on some helmets, and rode to The Air & Space Museum Udvar Hazy center (the annex) out at Dulles Airport.  It's 7.75 miles from my house by bike.  They are both big into biking and loved our trails and roads.

The big surprise to me was how much they enjoyed the museum. They were absolutely enchanted and it was so fun to see it through their eyes.

The ride home seemed shorter for some reason, maybe because it was warmer.

As soon as we got here, they and my son disappeared to work on bikes and other mechanical things.

After dinner I took all three boys to REI. The nephews had never been there.  Now they want to live here -- the trails, the museum and the Disney store equivalent for outdoorsy guys has them over the moon!

Today they're helping the son and husband deliver mulch for Boy Scouts.  They're just the best! My hat is off to my sister in law and brother.

2 comments:

The Bug said...

So glad you had a good visit with your nephews! Seeing their picture at the museum reminds me that I want to take Mike to the one at Wright Patt sometime...

Mary said...

Snap! I couldn't get the pictures to download in your post, but I saw the ones from today.
I don't know what it is with guys and the Air & Space Museum. Seems like they could spend hours in there.