So, here's item number one. Thanks to my son's friend CZ for loaning his iPhone 5 for measurement purposes.
SOFT DENIM IPHONE SLEEVE
This case is to protect your phone when you toss it into a purse or backpack. If the iPhone you're sewing for is a 4, just shorten the length by about a half inch.
1. Cut denim in 7x7 squares, then cut in half, to 3.5 x 3.5
2. Cut flannel in 7 x 6.5 rectangles.
3. Divide on the longer edge
so they are now 3.5 x 3.25
4. If you're using a piece of denim with a seam, carefully pick out the seam
and use the flap to hold the top edge of the flannel. If you don't have a
pre-existing seam, create a 1/4 inch flap. I iron it to make it stay.
5. At this point, you want to make sure all your edges are
straight. Line them up on the board and trim where you
6. If you can sew through all the layers, do so to add a small
piece of velcro to each side. A lightweight velcro is fine -- you
don't want to have to fight the velcro to answer the phone!
7. Pin the pieces right sides together -- green sides facing out. Starting at
the top left or right corner, sew straight down the length, across the bottom
and back up the other side, using a 1/4" seam allowance. Trim up all threads
and any extra seam allowance.
Turn it inside out and you're good to go!
This is what it looks like with the phone partially sticking out --
to illustrate. Mine is a 4, so this case is too long for it,
but it shows you the idea.
These are easy to do. You can get remnant flannel for the insides -- or even use old jammies!
If this is daunting to you, but you want one, I'll make you one for $10+ shipping -- all
proceeds go to Phoenix Bikes.