Tuesday, May 26, 2009

RUBY TUESDAY TO THE RESCUE











It is pouring rain today and promises to do so all day...so I visited my photo archives to see if I could find something worth looking at. These were all taken last Wednesday at Margaret's Garden in Herndon, Virginia. This endangered piece of heaven beckoned me last week to come discover all the shades of red I could see.

It is my hope that through my blog-friends at Ruby Tuesday, Margaret's Garden will receive a reprieve and if not, at least you will all have been blessed by photos of her lovely home.

Thank you to Work of the Poet for the Ruby Tuesday photo meme.

12 comments:

Robin said...

What beautiful gardens, I really hope you'll be able to save them. It sounds like a real treasure for everyone in the community.

Akelamalu said...

You got some great examples of Ruby there! :)

SouthLakesMom said...

Thanks. I don't mean to say that you all should donate -- MG isn't even really set up to accept donations. It is a real 'home grown' effort and they're BARELY on the web at all. Those of us trying to save it are trying to haul them into the 21st century, but we're running out of time. Margaret is in her upper 80's. My hope is that the increased blog and net traffic will be something we can use to fight 'progress.'

EG CameraGirl said...

So many red blooms already! So pretty!

Ilanadavita said...

Beautiful red series! Must have been a pleasure to visit those gardens.

MaR said...

What a beautiful garden and gorgeous red flowers!! a delightful post for RT
Cheers,

Mar

Marie Reed said...

It's been pouring here too so it's a JOY to see happy images!

Raven said...

Beautiful photos. Such a shame that the gardens are endangered. I'll go check out the site. Sometimes seem like the most precious and valuable things are the first endangered during tough times. We protect what we would be better off without and let go that which feeds the soul.

Raven said...

Just so you know - the link didn't work for me.

SouthLakesMom said...

Thanks, Raven. I fixed it now. I'm just beginning to learn how to link correctly!

Liz said...

Beautiful red flowers! Thanks for visiting my MYM entry. :)

Dianne said...

wonderful flowers
I too will check out the link
and I'll mention it on my blog next time I do a "shout-out" post