Saturday, May 9, 2009

Wordzzle Challenges

Very cool blog. http://ravensviews.blogspot.com/Gets the creative juices flowing.  Here's my attempt at the challenge.

gentle spring rain, mammoth, soap opera, worry, bubble gum, garden gate, seizure, of Biblical proportions, paralysis, wrinkles


Sara flipped her blonde bangs out of her eyes once again, waved to her neighbor who sat in the window watching Sara’s every movement, and started out the garden gate to catch her bus. A gentle spring rain had started falling by the time she reached the bus stop. There was a guy in a blue suit standing under the shelter facing away from her. Sara glanced at her watch and registered the time. Then she glanced again and freaked out. “Oh my goodness! I am in such trouble,” she exclaimed. The guy turned around, and asked, “excuse me? Do you need assistance?” Sara moved toward him as she tried to crowd under the shelter out of the rain. “I’m a teacher and I needed to be at school like an hour ago! Now I know why my neighbor was laughing as she waved goodbye at me! My principal is going to throw a fit of Biblical proportions. A mere seizure won’t be dramatic enough! This is the third time it has happened this semester.” Sara’s voice trailed off as the man looked straight into her eyes. His were deep blue, hypnotic in their intensity. He asked, “what made you late?”  His gaze made it difficult for Sara to admit that she had been watching a TIVO’d soap opera from earlier in the week. “I guess I just got lost in the story and a paralysis overtook my actions.” He turned away from her saying, “television? It’s bubble gum for the brain. I thought you looked more intelligent than that. But don’t worry, I have the solution. When did you need to be at this bus stop to be on time?” “Umm…7:00, but how…” Sara squinted at the bright sunshine flooding down on her. The man said, “don’t squint, it will give you wrinkles.” “But where did the sunshine come from?” she asked. “Oh, I just reversed time. At 7 a.m. the sun was still bright. Now you won’t be late.” Just then, the bus drove up. As Sara boarded she looked back to thank him. But he was gone. Sara wondered, “if I’d told the truth --  that I was watching that History Channel special on the woolly mammoth, would he have been more impressed? It is so difficult to know just what interests men these days!”


No comments: