Lidna, over at 2nd Cup of Coffee, asks a Random Dozen questions each Wednesday. You can answer in as much detail as you want . . . or not! Thanks Lidna!
1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.) I do a mixture of both. If I'm writing to my grandmother, my best cursive. If I'm leaving a note that has to be clearly understood, I print. Anywhere in between, I do sort of a "cursint". It's legible and quick.
2. Are you a dreamer or a realist? Yes. Dreamer for my kids, realist for me.
3. Billy Joel or Elton John? Billy Joel, definitely. Elton John is just creepy. Talented, but creepy.
4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not limited to horror flicks but also includes ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan. I don't watch these movies. My empathy threshold is too low.
I mean really, I used to cry when the commercial came on at Christmas where the college kid came home at night and started the Maxwell House perking and the little brother came down and said, "Joey's home!" or whatever. You think I can sit through a whole movie where a kid is endangered?
5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had? Child's cord wrapped around her neck during birth, and 30 second emergency C-section.
6. What word do you misspell without fail? I rarely misspell words. I mistype words, but not misspell. It's a gift. Or a curse. Depends on your point of view. The curse is that texting abbreviations really bug me. Or misspellings on blogs or websites. If they're my friends and trying to sell something, I have to point it out to them. I call it courtesy. They probably call it Anal-retentive.
7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at. Being a sensible human being I tend to AVOID things that make me look stupid (like things I'm not talented or good at), but I do work out. And I know I look stupid doing so.
8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time? Yes. Depends on the people.
9. Have you ever been on TV? Well, I've sat on one that was on the floor. The really big old-fashioned kind with a CRT so there was enough width to sit.
10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.) Pumpkin. All the way. Every day. Any time.
11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have? Ummm, I think 4. And they are all gifts from others! When my kids were little and I read Family Fun magazine I realized that most magazines were designed to make me dissatisfied with my life…and I stopped getting them.
12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning? Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your path straight. I can memorize it, I can quote it, but can I do it for more than 2 minutes at a time? Sheesh. I'm a slow learner.