Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee has given us a Random Dozen of Christmas questions this time. I'm guessing these will get people blogging! Join us if you'd like by clicking on Linda's name and following the instructions at her site.
1. Gingerbread: For or against? Discuss. FOR the eating kind, cut into shapes and decorated. Not so much for the building a completely inedible house that attracts bugs and rodents kind. I've always wondered about people who make huge ones as 'fundraisers'. Sorry, but that's a lottery I'm NOT buying a ticket for.
2. Is it important to you to always stay (live) close to family? As a military family that was a luxury we never had. Now that we're no longer moving, um... let's just say the reality doesn't live up to the fantasy.
3. Which holiday pretend character do you wish really existed? The Bumble (Abominable Snowman)
4. Which holiday movie best represents how you feel about Christmas or life? It's a Wonderful Life
5. Is there a particular Christmas song that you're enjoying now? Any that you're tired of? I love the Messiah -- and lately "A Trumpet Shall Sound" has been my favorite part. I just love the high brass in this. Tired of? "I'll be home for Christmas". They use it as a promo for messages from servicemen overseas and while I appreciate the messages and the thought (especially having spent MANY Christmases away from loved ones), I'm very tired of hearing just that snippet.
6. What is your favorite way to remember those less fortunate at Christmastime? Donating to Angel Tree.
7. Does it upset you to see "Xmas" instead of Christmas? How about "Happy Holidays" etc., instead of "Merry Christmas?" Xmas only bothers me when people I know who are anti-Christianity use it (and I know they do it for that very reason). Happy Holidays bothers me because it's so politically correct. I just answer "Merry Christmas".
8. How many Christmas programs are you attending this month? Two, both are already finished. Yay! Unless you count Christmas Eve candlelight service. Then it's three.
9. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Any chance of that dream becoming a reality? Yes and yes.
10. Tell me about a Christmas present you received as a child. Pics are always nice. One year I received a microscope. Man, I loved that thing. To me it meant my parents were taking me seriously. I can't find the photo right now. Rats. I know it is here somewhere.
11. How many Christmas parties are you attending this month? My husband's office party is on a Monday night...so none.
12. How do you keep yourself centered on the significance of Christmas? See this.