Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Go to Linda at Second Cup of Coffee to join in. Copy the questions, answer them on your blog, go back to her to link up! Easy to do, fun to visit folks.
1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything?
Sure, but I'm still waiting for that fabulous cash pay-off!
2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?
Me. I was an Air Force Jag for 4 years, and then served 2 additional years in the Maryland Air National Guard.
3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
When I was on active duty and the day ended with the National Anthem while I was stationed in a different country, there was nothing more patriotic than standing at a salute throughout it. This country showers so many blessings upon us, and so many look upon them as entitlements rather than gifts. For people born here who don't appreciate them fully, they should talk to people from other countries who will do ANYTHING to become an American. Those people know a good thing when they see it!
4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?
I'm the middle child. It makes me want to be a peacemaker . . . except when I'm being the instigator.
5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.
Kindness in my mom's dad, particularly. He was mostly deaf, and my grandmother was ill for a very long time, but he never waivered in his kindness towards others. I know it's probably more recessive in me than them -- ask my son who ran through my level of sympathy for his broken arm in about 2 days.
6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?
It depends on the day - sometimes skirts, sometimes pants. Rarely one piece dresses.
7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?
Once or none, and I go back to sleep.
8. Share a favorite movie quote.
If you just learn a single trick, Scout, you'll get along a lot better with all kinds of folks. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view . . . until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.” Atticus Finch in To Kill A Mockingbird.
9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
I don't use scent candles.
10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?
Planting bulbs next week when I get some time.
11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
My husband gave me his netbook, cleaned up, and ready for me to use.
12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?
About the same way it is now. I realized there was a reason their son kept them at arm's length.