Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Linda at 2nd Cup has posted some new questions. It is simple to play:
a. Go to her site and copy the questions on Tuesday
b. Answer and post them on your site on Wednesday
c. Link to her site with your answers
d. Visit others who have linked and make some new blog-friends!
1. What insect are you most afraid of? Feel free to post a picture.
I really dislike things that sting. So probably these guys:
2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do?
Simply living -- breathing, taking in calories, expelling them -- all that is 'organic'...but I guess if you want to know what we implement in order to be good stewards of what God has provided...I guess the greenest is that my car is a hybrid, our new roof is an energy saver, and we try to remember our reusable bags.
3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you.
My kids need me and I can't get to them.
4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances?
5. What do you consider your best feature?
6. What was the last concert you went to?
We do a Coffee House at our church each spring and fall and the concerts there are pretty good. I'm not much on conventional concerts - I don't like crowds or loud noise.
7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced.
Can't think of one at the moment, but I know there are some. This past Sunday there were some people clapping to music off the beat but I wasn't one of them.
8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer?
9. George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute?
Get off the computer and come out to see my beautiful world I created just for you.
10. On September, 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010?
No plans for anything memorable at this point -- looks to be ordinary, i.e. gym, clean house, cook dinner, etc. Maybe I'll go to the Farmer's Market, but that's not really memorable, just fun.
11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell? (You must choose.)
Love the food but love the principle symbolized by the Liberty Bell more.
12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships?
Okay, I've answered this both ways and erased both times. Let's just say God wired us to respond to the opposite sex. He can also enable us to overcome that wiring and keep things cool...but it is very, very, difficult. For women, if a man is kind and supportive to us, that represents relationship and we respond accordingly. For him, our appreciation of this in him says "GREEN LIGHT."
Whew, some tough ones this week! Thanks, Lid!