Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Linda, at 2nd Cup of Coffee, humorously and graciously hosts this meme each Wednesday. It sounds like she had a terrible Monday, so be kind when you answer your own set of questions! Join us by clicking on the badge above, capturing the questions from her blog, answering them, linking them up on Wednesday morning and visiting at least a dozen people.
There are so many people playing now that I play an additional game in visiting. I choose a number randomly (from 1-10) and visit all the people whose number contains that or is a multiple. Last week it was "5's". When I get to a dozen, I stop.
1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated?
Trying to get my daughter moving this morning...which means she'll probably miss the bus and I'll probably have to drive her. Sometimes it is easier to just let her sleep that extra 15 minutes.
2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night?
Most nights it takes me only 5-10 minutes to fall asleep and sleeping through the nights depends on how many liquids I had in the hour before bedtime.
3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles?
I loved the 80's preppy style. Give me a button-down shirt any day. I really dislike today's tendency to put plastic stretchy stuff in everything. Some curves should NOT be highlighted!
4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd?
It's not a main dish - it's blueberry swirl cheesecake. The recipe is here. But for main dishes, it's probably my spaghetti.
5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse?
Not usually. I've usually researched and developed a plan to purchase anything that's over $5. However, when I walked into Office Depot during the book sale and they had write-on blackboards (like small menu boards) for $1 WITH the day-glo marker, I bought 5.
6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral?
That the gospel be preached clearly.
7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today?
Well, now that the child is finally out of bed and showering, my joy will be in seeing a smile before she heads to school.
8. What is your favorite type of bread?
Anything from Great Harvest Bread Company, particularly Apple Scrapple.
9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.)
Anything that will make me a bad living testimony. The tendency would be to grumpiness as I mature and my body doesn't act or feel like it did when I was in my 20's!
10. What trait would you like most to develop?
Perseverance. I get frustrated that I can't achieve a certain level of fitness, or competence in something, and then just push the "HOLD" or "PAUSE" button and stay there.
11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why?
My kitchen. It's orderly, but full of great potential.
12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging?
Ask the Lord to order each day and to give me peace about whatever is NOT going to occur. Also, before I agree to A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G. these days, I've learned to say, "let me talk with my husband and pray about whether we can add that to our schedule." Trust me, it works! It buys you time, and it's a living testimony. It is particularly effective when working with non-believers (school things) because they can't believe I have to "ask my husband's permission" so I get to tell them the difference between that and the commitment we have to work together to do things the Lord calls us to, rather than agreeing to whatever comes along.
That said, the next two weeks will include invigilating for International Baccalaureate Exams at the High School as well as volunteering for child care at a different Community Bible Study class for their Sharing Day...in addition to the other 'normal' stuff I do. Watch to see if I maintain my joy!