Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Linda at 2nd Cup is at it again! Asking thought provoking questions. You know the drill -- answer them on your own blog, link back to hers, and then visit some of the others playing and leave nice comments for them. Easy-peasy, right? So, on your mark, set, GO!
1. Please share one memory of your high school graduation. Pics would be great!
I did not enjoy my high school graduation. It was me, and over 600 classmates that I barely knew (we had moved while I was in high school). All it meant was sitting in the El Paso County Coliseum, and being bored for hours.
2. What is one "emergency use" item you keep in your vehicle at all times?
3. In your region, do you celebrate graduation open houses? Addendum: (If so,) how many open houses/bridal showers/weddings are on your upcoming events calendar?
No. None. I think as a society we're making our kids our idols. My kid isn't graduating for a couple of more years, but when she does, I can guarantee it will be a small celebration.
4. Tell me one truth you believe about motherhood.
It's the hardest, best, and most important job that a woman can be called to do -- for her own children and/or others that God places in her path.
5. What was the last thing you broke? My vow of silence. Oops, no, forgot to make that one. I don't know - I don't break many things. I'm pretty cautious. On the other hand, when I do, I just say, "oh well" and move on. It's just stuff.
6. On average, how many pieces of junk mail do you receive daily? Tuesday is junk mail day around here, so the excess that day, averaged out over the week, and divided by the number of days, equals . . . 5 per day. Pretty sad.
7. Do you like to shop by catalog? I like to look at catalogs but then I recycle them. I rarely shop via catalog. I'd rather go to the company website and shop from there.
8. Is lawn maintenance at your house a "his job," a "her job" or "his/her job" or "that's why we have teenagers" job? All of the above.
9. Which room would you like to redecorate in your home? Our bedroom. I'm paralyzed by the lack of the designer gene, and too cheap to pay someone else for something I should be able to figure out. On the other hand, I'm ready to renovate our kitchen to get exactly what I want - that implies FUNCTION improvement so it's easy to figure out.
10. Do you read a newspaper regularly, or do you read most of your news on line? I read the Style Section (comics) and Metro (local news) almost every day. The rest of it blares at me from the radio.
11. Do you believe everything happens for a reason? Ooh! Ooh! I know the answer to this! We JUST finished studying the Kings of Israel and the Minor Prophets! I know that God works everything to His glory. So even when it seems bad (i.e. the Babylonians are carrying the remnant of the Chosen People off to live in exile), God has a plan -- in 70 years he's going to rescue them! And how they should live in the meantime is a way they will witness about God's power, majesty and love.
12. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Spiritually, I'm more concerned with knowing what God calls me to do and being in His will. That will automatically be the 'right' things. In a non-spiritual sense, I probably spend more time expecting OTHERS to do things correctly and letting myself do them to the standard of "close enough for government work." Not very God honoring - gotta work on that.