Wednesday, May 26, 2010
It is time again to answer Linda's questions at 2nd cup of coffee. Well, actually you answer them on your own blog, and then link to hers and then visit people and say nice things. It's fun. You can see definite trends...and then the occasional, "that is so very different!" moment. So join us!
1. Would you rather host party or simply attend a party? Oh definitely host. It's a control thing.
2. Tell us about the most memorable party you've been to. I don't much like parties, so they're pretty forgettable. I went to a surprise party for friend from church a couple of weeks back and it was fun. I guess that's the kind I like - ones full of people I already know and like and who like each other so there's no weird dynamics..
3. What is one thing you hope for in the after-life? It isn't a hope, it's a certainty. I want to see the beauty that is Jesus.
4. What do you enjoy most about sunshine? It's warm and makes me feel happy. Especially after three straight days and nights of rain. That's why Tuesday was such a beautiful day.
5. When you attend a bridal/baby shower, do you prefer to bring your own gift or chip in with others to buy a larger gift? Did you see the answer to #1? I don't like parties . . . but okay, if I have to go, I'll bring a gift I've chosen especially for that person.
6. Would you rather have a FREE week of having your house cleaned or all of your meals cooked for you and your family? The meals, especially if they're exotic!
7. What song describes your mood today? What's going through my head at the moment is this: Holy is the Lord God Almighty...You can view it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAF5CM1pUxg I'd imbed it but it's been disabled.
8. What is something you received for your own bridal shower/wedding that you still own or use? (If you are not married, feel free to sub a gift you received a long time ago.) We still use a simply elegant crystal vase suitable for tall cut flowers. My boss from those days gave it to us.
9. Your favorite flavor of ice cream is? Vanilla. I know, boring, but I'm not much of an ice cream eater anyway, so when I do eat it, I want to make sure my son can have it too -- and ice cream is one of those things that has a very high risk rate for nut allergies.
10. When was the last time you felt "tested?" Every time I pass the laundry room without stopping to do what needs to be done. My tests tend to be the simple little acts of obedience that I resist - not the big flamboyant road to Damascus experiences.
11. "[Fill in the blank] is a food that once I start eating I find really hard to stop." Chocolate - duH!
12. "-----" is the best motivation. See the answer to #11.