Saturday, June 26, 2010

Great Summer Salad

From the Cooks' & Hash-Slingers' Guide to Great Grub,  I fixed this recipe the other night and I'll enjoy the last bit of it today. It is SO yummy and the flavors just improve with age! (Since the Farmer's Markets are open now, feel free to use FRESH corn kernels!)

1/3 cup fresh lime juice (2-3 limes)
1/3 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp ground cayenne
2 15-oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 c. frozen corn kernels
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
6 green onions, sliced thin
1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro

Place the first 5 ingredients in a jar and shake until the ingredients are well mixed.

In a large salad bowl, mix all the other ingredients.  Shake the dressing once more and pour over salad ingredients.  Stir to thoroughly coat the salad and serve.  Store leftovers in fridge.

YUM!

If you want more great recipes and to support the library, you can get a copy of the book here.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Very yummy! : )

quilly said...

This recipe sounds delish! Maybe i'll keep it to try when my sister visits.

The Bug said...

I saved this one in my recipe folder - we've got cilantro in the garden, I have some limes, & our neighbor just gave us some green onions. I'll pick up the other ingredients tomorrow - yum!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm Mmmm good. I suppose it doesn't ship well via USPS or UPS or FedEX LOL Have a great weekend :)