Monday, June 21, 2010

Microfiction Monday


Susan at Stony River hosts Microfiction Monday. She gives us an illustration, and tells us to come up with a story in 140 characters or fewer. Try it!

This week's illustration (with apologies -- I think the fish looks like a missile -- and this whole mission of the world to get Israel to trust people who lob rockets onto their heads drives me nuts.  Sorry if it isn't funny this week)







Pointing the giant fish towards Israel, Hamas hoped the “dog of war” would fool the Israelis into thinking it was a tourism billboard.

17 comments:

anthonynorth said...

Not that one was most current :-)
Nice one.

Ellie Garratt said...

Yes, a microfiction that is making a comment on the now.

Well done.

Peggy said...

I never ever thought of this take.
You are so clever Mom, I loved it.

Michael G-G said...

I love the way you wove politics into this with a dash of humour: "the dog of war" indeed! There's something Trojan horsey about it isn't there?!

Hope you have a good week.

Akelamalu said...

Oh V.E.R.Y. clever! LOL

Sylvia K said...

Ah, the fish of war! Definitely a current one! Good one for the day!
Have a great week!

Sylvia

John (@bookdreamer) said...

ooh, a political. Mine is a homage to On the Waterfront this week and is here.

Pat said...

I like the dark humor...This could be a political cartoon in Israel. Good one!

Nessa said...

Very clever and unusual take on the picture. Nice.

BECKY said...

Wow... yes, a politial satire cartoon, right out of the editorial page! Very good!

Unknown said...

Very appropriate for the times we live in.

hope said...

Topical, yet humorous. Well done!

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I wonder if it will work. I never would have thought of this, wonderful take on the picture.

Anonymous said...

Makes me not want to read the paper anymore! Good job on the picture!

Together We Save said...

Very funny!!

jabblog said...

Ha ha ha - not 'politically correct' but I love it :-)

Susan at Stony River said...

I agree with Sylvia - I don't want to read the paper anymore!
:-P