Monday, June 14, 2010

Microfiction Monday . . . er . . . Monkey


Susan at Stony River hosts Microfiction Monday. She gives us an illustration, and tells us to come up with a story in 140 characters or fewer.  I have to say, I don't understand the timing of so-called Monday memes. They post on SUNDAY! It was one thing when Susan was in Ireland but now she's the in the same time zone as me! I feel like such a lay-about if I actually wait until Monday!

This week's illustration:



 “It’s bourbon,” she said.
“Yum,” he replied.
“How are your inhibitions?” she asked.
“Not loose yet,” he said, politely covering his mouth.



16 comments:

anthonynorth said...

That's funny. Nice one :-)

Ellie Garratt said...

Hehe...very funny. Loved this one.

Jillien said...

That nasty young lady!!!!! hahahahh

JM

Suz said...

Oh Lordie,Why do I like this one so much!

Nessa said...

Very funny. No one else went with inebriation today.

Pat said...

It does look like a perfect afternoon for bourbon and inhibitions (for a monkey). Clever caption!

jabblog said...

That's a very genteel way to drink bourbon ;-) Great take!

RA said...

LOL. Finally a monkey with some manners, I think. Great take on the image. Have a wonderful week.

Peggy said...

One rum drink and I'm pretty loose.
This Monkey has a strong constitution as my Granpa would say.
Thank you for telling me about my link. I had to redue it and now I'm there twice. Oh well, thank you so much!

Sylvia K said...

Now that's turning the tables! Never trust a proper looking lady -- who knows what lies behind her mask! How funny! I love it! Hope you have a great week!

Sylvia

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Cute, very cute!

Michael G-G said...

You have introduced the phrase "drunk as a monkey" to my lexicon... I enjoyed your MM very much!

Have a great week.

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I wonder why she is asking him what his Inhibitions are. Do I really want to know. SOrry to being late in visiting.

quilly said...

My inhibitions keep me from drinking bourbon!

My Nasty Romance said...

Loved it! It had the subliminal effect of leaving me wanting to see a kung-fu movie with drunken monkey-style.

Also, thanks for your comments on my blog skin. I'll be trying out new ones to improve readability.

Susan at Stony River said...

Well who said it was tea? ROFL What a great angle on this!

And oh boy, what we discover when kids play Mommies and Daddies.