Monday, June 28, 2010

Microfiction Monday


Susan at Stony River hosts this brief meme. It's a lot of fun and I really appreciate her doing it week after week. Take the illustration she provides, and give it a story. Simple, right?  Well, the string attached is that the story must be 140 characters or less. That 140 includes all spaces and punctuation. It doesn't have to be funny, or insightful or even really coherent, just brief!  (Coherent is good though).

Here's this week's illustration, followed by my story.



(Singing) "We ha-ve ta-ils. Nyah, nyah, na, nyah, nyah!"

"So what? I have GREAT hair!"

16 comments:

MorningAJ said...

She does have great hair! I'd love to be able to swim like a mermaid - but I think having a fishy tail might be too high a price.

Great story.

Anonymous said...

ROFLAMO!! I see it doesn't even stop with mermaids. LOL Too funny and well done my friend :)

Akelamalu said...

Oh I love it - rivalry at it's best! LOL

Michael G-G said...

I love this! Great riposte to those nattering mermaids!

Have a great week.

anthonynorth said...

Nice oneupmanship. Enjoyed that.

Unknown said...

There's always something with those mermaids. They'll do anything to start a fight. :)

Susan at Stony River said...

ROFL That took me right back to the playground!
Those tails DO look cool however ...

Jillien said...

those bullying mermaids! Great story!!

JM

Peggy said...

Well done, what a great laugh.
LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Vanity Has it's Dangers, this was fun.

Pat said...

Not only does she have great hair, but she also gets to wear gorgeous clothes. The girl wins this contest hands down. Very cute!

Sylvia K said...

Oh, how funny! Definitely the best laugh this evening! And, yes, it does remind me of the playground!! Have a great week!

Sylvia

jabblog said...

Females can be so nasty to each other ,can't they?
I loved your comment about your daughter when she was little.

quilly said...

They're very flat chested, too.

Never mind. I didn't say that ....

Anonymous said...

Love this one! Yes, they have tails, but long hair must count for something, right? And for heaven's sake--put some clothes on!!!!

My Nasty Romance said...

Hehe, I read this and my first thought was "girls are the same whether they have legs or tails..."