Wednesday, August 18, 2010
1. What is your favorite fair/carnival food?
I love trying different asian noodle dishes. Not much for the typical fried fair stuff.
2. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Ouch! Does perennial irritation with in-laws count? Yep.
3. What is your favorite gift to receive? Something that shows the person thought about who I am and chose accordingly.
4. When was the last time you tried something new? I've joined a writer's group that will begin meeting this fall. I've never done that before.
5. What is your favorite and least favorite book genre? Mystery is my favorite. Self-Help is my least-- and it's the genre with the most left-overs after our Huge Semi Annual Sale for Friends of the Library.
6.Silver or Gold? Gold. With sapphires.
7. What makes you sigh? This week, it's the ridiculous waste of time and energy associated with getting health care.
8. If you didn't know how old you are, how old would you claim you are? 35 -- I don't feel younger or older than that.
9. Would you break a law to save a loved one? To protect a loved one? A law of man, yes. A law of God, no.
10. If you had to teach something, what would it be? Like a subject? Probably history. As a life lesson? Be kind.
11. You're having lunch with 3 people whom you respect and admire. They begin to criticize a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. What do you do? I've had this happen, and only as a mature (hah) adult have I had the courage to say, "hey, I'm not comfortable with this." And this refers to a close friend. I think we should stop it whoever it is, not just a close friend. In truth, I don't hang around with a lot of people who would do that anyway. I've worked hard to teaching my teen daughter to find the courage and words to express the same in her circle -- or at least to walk away and not join in.
12. Which of the 5 Love Languages is your prominent means of experiencing love?
Acts of Service
Words of Affirmation
I've never been into this whole Love Languages thing.
If you want to play Random Dozen, just hop over to Lidna at 2nd Cup of Coffee, copy the questions, answer them on your own blog, link back up on Wednesday, and then visit other players and be nice!