Random Dozen is back! After a well-earned summer break, Lidna at 2nd Cup of Coffee delights us with her questions, and we hope that you will enjoy the answers. If you'd like to play, copy the questions, answer on your own blog, link back to hers. Visit a few people (at least a random dozen) and say nice things. Simple? Yes!
1. When was the last time you laughed until you cried? I'm not sure -- I know I've done it, but I can't remember the last occasion. Obviously I need to watch more youtube.
2. If you found $10 today, what would you do with it? Probably stick it in my pocket like I did with all the change I got today while shopping.
3. Do you volunteer anywhere? Oh yes.
Friends of my Regional Library
Community Bible Study
Both my kids' PTA organizations
4. What is your favorite summertime veggie or fruit, and how do you eat it? I love peaches. I bake them a little to break down the enzyme that causes me to have an allergic reaction and then I feast. I also love the tomatoes we can get in the summer. They just ruin the rest of the year!
5. Is your social sphere (circle of friends) small, medium or large? Medium. More than just my family, but not so big that I run into people I know all the time. But here's a weird one. I'm talking to another football parent that I just met for the first time tonight. She volunteers at the local aviation museum. I ask if she knows a person I know who also volunteers there. She does -- and I tell her that he was my base commander when I served in Europe and I was his JAG -- how cool is that? Then we find out that not only are our sons on the same team and their parents are both prior USAF, but the boys are both nuts about planes and allergic to nuts. Small, weird world.
6. When was the last time you attended a family or school reunion? How did that go? Never. I think part of the military child mantra is "don't look back."
7. When you're feeling blue, what is the best way someone can cheer you up? I am rarely blue, but if I am, it means I need time and space. Acknowledge my mood (sorry honey) and then leave me alone.
8. Have you taken a vacation this summer? Does the day canoeing with my DH while the kids were both away count?
9. What is the most unnecessary item you carry with you all the time? My cell phone. Really. It is unnecessary. I hardly ever get calls and when I do, they are almost always things that could have waited.
10. What is the best summer flick you have seen so far? We only saw Toy Story 3, so I guess that's it. It was good.
11. Describe a perfect summer day. One where the humidity is low and the Congress is out of town.
12. Please a share a favorite photo from the summer so far!
We found a new Thai Restaurant! Yippee!