Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Linda from Second Cup has our favorite question meme up again. You can join us by going to her blog to copy the questions. Answer them on your blog, and then link back to her tomorrow -- Wednesday!
1. What is your favorite Mexican dish?
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?
I finished all my 'home' work at school through about 8th grade so it was a horrible shock to get to high school and realize that the teachers designed the day so that was NOT possible. Once I got over the shock, I did the things I liked right away and procrastinated on the rest...which explains the good grades in the things I liked!
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings?
I like to browse at Restoration Hardware, and World Market, and others -- but when I actually buy (which is rare), I find the best deal. That is NOT usually at Restoration Hardware (even the so-called outlet store here is buku bucks!)
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?
No. I took my lunch. My kids are the same way although part of their motivation is that they don't want to spend their social time standing in line to get something that passses for food.
5. Is religion a crutch?
I think it can be...a crutch is something you lean on only when you need it. But a living faith is more like a force field that fills you and surrounds you 24/7.
6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport?
In Northern Virginia, I think the "big" high school sport is competitive college hunting. All the other more conventional sports are pretty much spread evenly.
7. Do you consider yourself rich?
In things of man, we're amazingly blessed -- not the richest people in the area by far -- but provided for most adequately. In things of God, the riches are beyond measure.
8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
I had training for the first two about two years ago, so they're more recent, but I do know how to change a flat tire if I absolutely must.
9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
B) Hip Hop
Probably salsa because a little bit of unconventional movement due to lack of coordination would be less noticeable!
10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone?
Telling my husband and children that a dear friend of ours had died suddenly.
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.
Jazz is an acquired taste.
12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song?
For some reason, as I write these, I'm hearing "We're not going to take it" by Twisted Sister in my head. I have no idea why that's there. It's a very rebellious attitude song -- I probably need to go have some quiet time with God to figure out what He's trying to get me to look at in my life!