Saturday, June 1, 2013

Just Ride June - Day 1

Let's see how I well I can stay with it.  Boy, today would have been a deterrent if I'd had access to my car.  It is HOT out there.

This morning I rode up to the Volunteer check in for people supporting the Reston Sprint Triathlon tomorrow.  I'm a bike marshal.

From there I took some back weaving paths over to the Herndon Festival where I had Bike Valet duties for a couple of hours.  It was fun!  I got to talk to a lot of people about cycling and saw some really cool bikes.

But it was HOT.  Then I rode home.  It was HOT.

This is a photo of Matt, one of the FABB members who was in charge of the Bike Valet service.  He is with his wife and one of his two lovely daughters.  The 4 year old is camera shy.  You can see our Bike Valet service behind him.



We had people entrusting us with $3000 bikes!  Wow!  It was a free service and people really appreciated it.  Herndon is right on the bike trail, so people who might not have gone to the Festival stopped to enjoy it when they got there.

It was HOT.

Cheers!

No comments: