Sunday, June 2, 2013

Just Ride June

Had to be at my post at the Sprint Tri to be a bike marshall by 645 am so I decided to drive this morning.  Had a fun morning cheering and waving at the riders.  I was at the crest of a long hill, and they ride the route 3 times, so the cheering becomes really important for them.  Most were friendly and positive.

I was also at an intersection which meant I had a cop there.  He was great, but not as cute as the one last year. ;-)

And, some people paid no attention to him.  We had one near miss as someone ignored his STOP signal and pulled in front of one of the racers who had just started a speed burst.  She was screaming some profanity at THAT driver!

Overall, a fun event to support. I saw several friends and since the results have been posted, I see that they all completed it successfully!

But now, I'm taking it easy for the day.  Laundry, etc. calls.  As always.

1 comment:

The Bug said...

I'm amazed at people who ignore traffic signals & police - do they think the rules don't apply to them? Actually I think they aren't paying attention - which is kind of scarier!

Glad you had a good day!