Sunday, June 9, 2013

Just Ride June - Day 9

Went out after church today to check a route.  I'm going to lead a ride with some ladies on Wednesday.

Good thing I checked.  This ride has several "fair weather" crossings.  That means when it's been raining a lot, these can be a bit dicey.

More importantly, as much as it has rained, sometimes the paths have these kinds of problems:


I was able to get through by lifting my bike over the lower limb and then squeezing under the trunk.  Not fun though and not something I think they'll want to do.  There was another one further on, so I modified the whole thing for Wednesday.

On the way home, I stopped to take a photo I'll entitle "PEDAL FAST"


Nice sky and storm warnings if you're not out in the open!  Fortunately, it waited until I got home to dump.

Something funny happened to my GPS today.  I was almost home and it said "20 miles".  (It announces every five miles)  But then it said the speed, 'Four hundred and thirty six miles per hour."  WOW -- that's .7 mach!  I think there's a bug in the system.


1 comment:

The Bug said...

That's hilarious! If there's a bug it ain't me - no way am I THAT fast :)