Thursday, June 27, 2013

Rackin' them up

I'm on a committee for my community called the PBAC. It stands for Pedestrian Bicyclist Advisory Committee.  One of the goals we're working towards is a "Bike Friendly Community" designation from the League of American Bicyclists.

We met last night and one of the questions on the application is "number of bicycle parking places in your community."  We divided the areas to go count bike racks. I got "South side schools and shopping centers". Since there are six schools on the south side and 2 shopping centers, it was pretty easy.  In the middle of that  loop I also mailed a package to my nephew who is a camp counselor.

At any rate, here are my photos!

 
Langston Hughes MS

North Side Hunters Woods ES

South Side Hunters Woods ES

South Lakes HS


Sunrise Valley ES
Terraset ES

Safeway @ South Lakes Village Shopping Center
Starbucks @ South Lakes Village Shopping Center
Outside Cafesano @ South Lakes Village Shopping Center




No comments: