Saturday, January 1, 2011

A FUN new meme

My friend Quilly writes:


Your Writing Assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to write a complete story in 500 words or less using the scenario below to kick-start your thinking. Publish your story on your blog January 15th, then come back here and link it to my January 15th story.
I have twelve writing assignments ready, one for the first day of every month. Every month! The stories are due on the 15th, even in April! (For anyone feeling skeptical, my January story is already written, and I won’t post a prompt I don’t already have a story for.)
You received a set of clunky, old-fashioned roller skates from the oldest, most eccentric member of your family. The skates appear to be too small, so you try to return them. S/he insists you try them on. You decide to humor him/her. To your amazement the skates fit. Suddenly you are overcome with the urge to skate and … (tell us what happens next in 500 words or less).

So. see you the 15th!  In the meantime . . . 

2 comments:

quilly said...

This song played in my head for YEARS. I had finally banished it to the realm of vague memories and now here it is again. Thanks ever so much!

quilly said...

Oh! And thanks for the shout out. I would love it if some of your friends joined!