Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SO Confused!

Today is Wednesday. That means after getting the kids to school I go to my Community Bible Study class. Except that we had snow last night, and a 2 hour delay today, which means our class is canceled.

Which leaves me confused. Should I do laundry, go to the gym, sit around and read? What should I do with this time? I guess I could get really motivated and do something radical like get out the sewing machine. I have an idea for my dining room I want to pursue. But then I need to go purchase some fabric, and by the time I get back, it will be almost time for them to come home.

So...I guess I'll spend some time on the first lesson for next week, prayer, and then to the gym. Not the most exciting agenda, but it beats cleaning bathrooms and doing laundry hands down.

Oh -- this morning I saw a fox trot across our driveway. It was about 7:30 am, in bright sunshine. He looked very healthy, rich red with a bushy tail. No, of course I didn't have my camera. I read an article saying you shouldn't leave your camera and cell phone and purse and laptop in your kitchen at night because that's where burglars look first. Of course, that's where the big picture window is.

But, I did get a photo of his pawprints in the snow.  They're so pretty! I love how God reveals Himself to us in so many ways through nature.

5 comments:

The Bug said...

What cute little prints! I got a mediocre picture of a cardinal out our back door - but only because he was kind enough to wait until I got the big lens on the camera.

I took a sick day today - obnoxious cough - and I'm having the same dilemma. Apparently I'm just going to read blogs all day :)

SouthLakesMom said...

Hope your cough gets better. I did go to the gym and I'm so glad. There was a lady there that I don't see much anymore (different schedules) and she really needed some encouragement.

Then I ran around town picking up empty 2 liter bottles from freecyclers -- daughter needs them for science fair.

Mary said...

Those footprints are pretty. How cool that you saw the fox!
We're out again tomorrow...the mountains got another 1 1/2 inches last night. We're up to 8 snow days now; only 3 left.

quilly said...

I asked God to come on my road trip yesterday and -- as he often does -- he gave me even more than I requested and as my needs manifested he met them in most amazing ways.

Kay said...

Thank you so much for your visit and kind comments. We had foxes in Illinois. No foxes here in Hawaii. I think the closest thing we have would be the mongoose. :-)