Wednesday, September 30, 2009

2nd Cup of Questions

Lidna, over at 2nd Cup of
Coffee, posts thought provoking questions each Wednesday. Some are fun, some make me squirm, but they all make me think! Thank you so
much Linda! Everyone else, Join us!


1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movwatch a movie.
We do old movie night a lot in our house. On our vintage 1999 TV,
with the assistance of Netflix. The ideal is to have all four of us jumbled on the sofa together. My teen daughter often lays on my lap wanting her back rubbed. The parakeet joins us as she sees fit. It is best when we also have popcorn. The movies range from Marx Brothers to 1980's TV shows like MacGyver.

2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?

No. No. Sometimes I think of the legacy I'm leaving and whether I'm doing anything worthy of remembrance, but nah, not the funeral.

3. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
Depends on your point of view, I guess. I would like to say I'm a giver, but I know that my giving runs smack into my taking when the giving isn't MY idea...

4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or
play it by ear?
I like a plan with a lot of leeway built in for life to happen. When I was younger I was much more into making 'every minute count' at places like Mouseworld. Let's just say I've matured and my family is MUCH happier.

5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?

Windows. We have gorgeous picture windows with gorgeous woods outside, but there are certain sun angles that make me cringe because EVERYTHING shows. So I just avoid going near the windows during that time frame and hope that no one is visiting at those moments either. Those moments only happen once a day on each side of the house -- so far, I'm safe. Ha Ha

6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.

7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?
I don't eat these anymore. When I was a kid it had to be smooth peanut butter, not too much, and grape jelly. Always grape jelly.

8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?
I would talk too much. No wait, that's normal. Hmm...sometimes if I'm REALLY nervous, my leg trembles although if my cell phone is in my pocket on vibrate I've been known to think the leg of the person sitting next to me is trembling.

9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of tooth brushing and jammies?
Just the usual, ma'am. No routines, more like collapsing.

10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?
I actually started a blog once and then deleted it. It took a while for me to find my voice. Since then, I've been pretty mindful of what I write. I try to follow the "be kind" rule. Besides, that's what the delete button is for! LOL!

11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?
Many years ago I wore my hair in a way that looked like Meryl Streep (so they said). I guess I agreed enough to change my hairstyle. She is a beautiful and talented woman, but I like to be just me.

12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?
For some reason this morning the chorus of "How Great is Our God" is running through my head. So I guess it would be that chorus, dedicated to the One who gives us music. I really like this clip because it shows Chris talking about how the song came about.

/kw

16 comments:

Greg C said...

I did the same thing on #10. I didn't like where my blog was going or many of the readers that I had so I deleted it and started over. I learned the biggest thing to stay away from is politics.

Joyce said...

Loved your answers-especially the talking too much...that's me!

Oh, and I love Chris Tomlin's How Great is Our God...thanks for posting the video today.

Susanne said...

I love that worship song! So meaningful!

I haven't watched a Marx Brothers in absolutely forever. I may have to change that this weekend.

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

#1, I love that you like old shows and movies. Me too.

#2, I LOVE the leaving a legacy part. ;-)

#8, ha ha ha

#12, That is a great song. Praise songs are the BEST.

Great answers! Hope you have a great day!

Joyce said...

Thanks for stopping by...I edited my comment on my blog about the takers as I think perhaps it was being read in a way I didn't intend.

Anonymous said...

I hate to wash windows. pffft. With number 10 I think many of us have to really find out way. I know I've said things I should have probably toned down but what the heck...it's me. There's an award for you on my blog :) Aloha

Melli said...

THAT is one of my absolute favorite, if not THE VERY FAVORITE song(s)! And I believe it has already been dedicated properly! LOL! Nice of you to agree though! :) That song plays in my car at LEAST once every day. (often more than once!)

My kids did not get a say in their ringtone songs. I chose the ones that I thought fit how I see them or feel about them. They DO happen to LIKE my choices... does that count?

I positively LOVE the way you like to watch a movie! MOSH PIT MOVIES! YAY! That's awesome!

Jerralea said...

Looks like your very interested in books. So am I. I can't imagine a world without them.

I can also relate to not wanting to clean windows. I try to get my hubby to do it for me!

Mocha with Linda said...

Your movie night sounds fun.

And I love #12!

Liz said...

Thanks for taking a look at my Dozen today. By the way, I think I can see how you might resemble Meryl Streep with the right hairstyle.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Love your causes.

I'm not a windows person, either.

Thx for playing!

Charlene Amsden said...

What Greg C. said -- even if I love a blogger dearly, I rarely will even leave a comment on a political post!

I think all bloggers much talk to much. Blogging is just another way of being heard!

I like your family togetherness time. It reminds me of a good part of my youth.

Kim said...

Amen to both #5 and #9 -- we could be twins :-)

This was fun, wasn't it? :-)

Judy said...

The windows that make ME cringe are the front windows. And certain times of day and times of the year the sun shows EVERYTHING right when we have people coming or going from Bible study. During those times in my head I'm saying, "Don't look out the window, don't look out the window!" Why can't someone invent permanently cleaned windows or self-cleaning windows? SIGH

Deven said...

Three cheers for local libraries!

Amy said...

I love that picture and saying at the top of your blog...might just have to find that and put it in my classroom. I wish I would have thought to put a youtube video of my song...oh well next time.

Great Blog!!

Amy