Lidna, over at 2nd Cup of
Coffee, posts thought provoking questions each Wednesday. Some are fun, some make me squirm, but they all make me think! Thank you so
much Linda! Everyone else, Join us!
1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movwatch a movie.
We do old movie night a lot in our house. On our vintage 1999 TV,
with the assistance of Netflix. The ideal is to have all four of us jumbled on the sofa together. My teen daughter often lays on my lap wanting her back rubbed. The parakeet joins us as she sees fit. It is best when we also have popcorn. The movies range from Marx Brothers to 1980's TV shows like MacGyver.
2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?
No. No. Sometimes I think of the legacy I'm leaving and whether I'm doing anything worthy of remembrance, but nah, not the funeral.
3. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
Depends on your point of view, I guess. I would like to say I'm a giver, but I know that my giving runs smack into my taking when the giving isn't MY idea...
4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or
play it by ear?
I like a plan with a lot of leeway built in for life to happen. When I was younger I was much more into making 'every minute count' at places like Mouseworld. Let's just say I've matured and my family is MUCH happier.
5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?
Windows. We have gorgeous picture windows with gorgeous woods outside, but there are certain sun angles that make me cringe because EVERYTHING shows. So I just avoid going near the windows during that time frame and hope that no one is visiting at those moments either. Those moments only happen once a day on each side of the house -- so far, I'm safe. Ha Ha
6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.
7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?
I don't eat these anymore. When I was a kid it had to be smooth peanut butter, not too much, and grape jelly. Always grape jelly.
8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?
I would talk too much. No wait, that's normal. Hmm...sometimes if I'm REALLY nervous, my leg trembles although if my cell phone is in my pocket on vibrate I've been known to think the leg of the person sitting next to me is trembling.
9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of tooth brushing and jammies?
Just the usual, ma'am. No routines, more like collapsing.
10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?
I actually started a blog once and then deleted it. It took a while for me to find my voice. Since then, I've been pretty mindful of what I write. I try to follow the "be kind" rule. Besides, that's what the delete button is for! LOL!
11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?
Many years ago I wore my hair in a way that looked like Meryl Streep (so they said). I guess I agreed enough to change my hairstyle. She is a beautiful and talented woman, but I like to be just me.
12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?
For some reason this morning the chorus of "How Great is Our God" is running through my head. So I guess it would be that chorus, dedicated to the One who gives us music. I really like this clip because it shows Chris talking about how the song came about.