Wednesday, September 9, 2009

How many cups of coffee was that?

The very kind lidy at 2nd Cup of Coffee asked some more interesting questions today. I need someone else's ideas today! It's been a whirlwind! So here we go -- better late than never!

1. What is something that you have changed your mind about either recently or over a number of years? Public School. We had our children in private parochial school for years. They got a great education in the classics. But they outgrew the setting and we sent them to the public schools and surprise! The teacher feedback system is better and the intolerance of any kind of bullying is way better.

2. Choose either subject, but does your a) church b) job feel more like a dental chair experience or an easy chair (recliner) experience? My job is being mom to two wonderfully creative kids and wife to one very supportive husband. So why does it occasionally feel like the dental chair? Because we're all imperfect!

3. Kisses or hugs? I actually typed "huts," which might have been a more interesting question.
Hugs.

4. What do you think is the biggest threat to families today? Giving in to the culture that says you have to go at the pace of a sitcom and buy all the stuff and do all the things that everyone else has/does.

5. A day after you grocery shop, you open a perishable item that is horribly spoiled. Do you take your receipt back to the store to be reimbursed or just throw it away and forget about it? Depends on how much I paid for it.

6. What personality trait (feel free to address good or bad or both) do you notice yourself adopting from your parents? My parents are still living and read my blog so I think I'll skip this one in the interest of not hurting anyone's feelings -- even unintentionally!

7. How many slices of bread do you leave in the bottom of the bag when you throw it away? Two? Three? Just the heel? None? (I really want to know if you eat the heel.) None! I have a 12 year old son! We can't get enough food in him!

8. What mispronunciation or usage error really irritates you? Your and you're. There, their and they're. "Aks" intead of "Ask".

9. In honor of the uniqueness of today's date, what does the numeral 9 mean to you? (Any special life moments attached to the 9th? Are you the 9th kid in your family? Can you count by 9s really fast? etc.) I've always thought 9 was my special number because I was born on 9/29.

10. Does the general color palette in your closet match the colors you chose to decorate your home with? Yes, but my closet is more adventurous than the paint on the walls!

11. When you're hanging out with friends in the kitchen, do you automatically ask to help, or do you sit there and chat until the host asks if you'd like to help? I'm not implying that the 2nd choice stems from rudeness or laziness, just not a first-response like it is for some people. I always ask to help and love it when people say yes! I've started to keep a 'mental list' for when people come to my house and I'm cooking so if they ask, I've something I can point them to. It's relationship building!

12. Let's end on a pleasant note: What do you enjoy about September the most? It's my birthday!

/kw

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bread answer was excellent as were all the others. Well done. It's good to get to know more about people. Ooo a birthday coming up. Good thing I found the date :$

Charlene Amsden said...

Some of our answers are the same!

#4 - isn't that the truth!? I quit having to have all the newest, latest, greatest toys when I quit watching TV. Now I'm not trying to keep up because I don't know I'm behind!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Wow, I absolutely loved your number 1 answer. I'm so glad you played along!

Chel said...

Hi their...just kidding!!!! Hi there! Found you by way of LID! Loved your answers!
Chel

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

I agree with your #11. Working in the kitchen together is relationship building! I can't say I've ever really thought of it that way, but it is.

Oh, and I have three boys at home, so I completely appreciate your #7 answer about the bread. TOTALLY get that. :-)

Becky said...

Nice to get to know new people through these memes. I liked your answers.