Friday, September 18, 2009

Blessings Friday #1

I'm going to try counting my blessings today...and to look for them in unusual places. Paul says to give thanks in all things... So to start, the first 3 are in order. After that, they're not in any particular order:

a. My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
b. My husband
c. My children
d. My home
e. My health
f. My husband's job
g. My neighborhood
h. My church family
i. My friends
j. My parents
k. My education
l. My Bible study
m. My citizenship in the U.S.
n. The ability to secure healthy food to eat
o. The ability to secure clean water to drink
p. Our pet bird
q. Good roads
r. Airplanes
s. My computer and internet access
t. My torturer/trainer who made my muscles sore yesterday
u. My car
v. My washer and dryer!
w. My refrigerator
x. My extended family
y. The schools my children attend
z. The many blog-friends I've met along the way!

/kw

4 comments:

Charlene Amsden said...

Most of us have more blessings than we know. I was homeless for awhile in my life. I never take being warm and dry and fed and clean for granted. Over 20 years later, I still rejoice and thank God when I step in the shower.

SouthLakesMom said...

Amen! I feel that way about my health. So many of my friends and acquaintances are fighting such debilitating conditions and illnesses. And many of them experienced the change overnight. So...yeah.

Today when stepped in the shower everyone else in my family thanked God! It took me all day to get there -- I was busy! Ha ha

Durward Discussion said...

Today I heard a quote that most people forget to take joy in what they have because they are so concentrated on what they want. That is a beautiful list of haves in which to take joy.

Barbara H. said...

This would be a good exercise to do regularly. So often we don't think about the many blessings we do have except at Thanksgiving.