Sunday, September 20, 2009

Word Beads

I stopped by to see Quilly, and she had a simple request for friends to play with. If it's words, and it's Quilly, I can't resist.

From Quilly: Word Beads come from Catchwords. I’m not quite certain why since any comments left on the site are erased and the game players are neither acknowledged nor encouraged to share with one another. Still, I like the words chosen, so would you play with me? Use the words, link to the Catchwords site, but come back here and sign Mr. Linky so we can all find each other.

Word Beads directions: Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to string the words below with other words of your choosing to fashion a sentence, several sentences, a paragraph, several paragraphs, a poem, or even a short story.

The words: piccolo; lack; unregulated; brochure; acquiesce

My effort:

Johnny Piccolo, eager to acquiesce to criminal behavior and with an accompanying lack of scruples, read the brochure about unregulated assets with glee, knowing that on Wall Street he would find his way to fleece the unwary.

/kw

3 comments:

Charlene Amsden said...

How funny, I thought about doing a mobster theme and using the name Johnny Piccolo! Great minds!

Anonymous said...

Well done my friend. :) You and Q are so good with words. :)

SouthLakesMom said...

Q - Piccolos just lend themselves to mob-inspired lines, don't they?

T - Thank you! I doff my cap to Quilly though! She's the master!