Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Another Random Dozen

You can play along with this meme with LID...at 2nd cup of coffee. Join us!

1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas?
A long boring meeting. It's harder to stretch without being noticed. In line people just think you're weird -- not unemployable.
2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become passive aggressive?
Depends. If it's someone whose anger I fear, I'm p/a.
3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.)
Yes. Back many generations. The most important legacy I received was from many, many, praying women.

4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you?
Be honest and get to the point.

5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no "all of the above" option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you'd like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don't have to.

Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake. Recipe is on my blog. We are part of a blueberry co-op that gets fram fresh blueberries in July. Awesomely sweet and delicious.

6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit?
No.
7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented?
Task. I'd like to be otherwise, but I'm not.
8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel?
IHOP. We meet there for our strategy sessions for Friends of the Library. We don't always get around to strategizing, but we do have fun and leave FULL.
9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why?
Yes. I thought it was stupid. Jurassic Park.
10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization?
Quiet Time in the morning.
11. Was middle school fun or painful?
Both. Loved having some independence; hated the hormonal stuff. And mean girls.
12. What is your favorite Fall beverage?
Red wine. Oh, well that's spring, summer, and winter too.

/kw

8 comments:

Dena said...

Hi. I came over from Linda's. You have great answers, and I can imagine it must be thrilling and comforting to know your heritage as well as you do.

Blueberry swirl cheesecake. Just saying that out loud makes my mouth water. yum!

Joyce said...

HI..just hopped over from Linda's...I'll check out your cheesecake recipe. We just spent a week in Canada and Maine and if blueberries are truly a superfood I should be set for life! Oh my the wild blueberries up there are heavenly.

Enjoy your day.

Susanne said...

Here from Linda's. Your answer to #1 cracked me right up.

yummy, blueberry cheesecake. You're making me drool.

Mocha with Linda said...

Enjoyed your answers and getting to know you better!

Anonymous said...

It is so good to get to know more about you :) I enjoyed this :)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Your answer about the meeting made me laugh. I never thought about trying to stretch without drawing attention.

Friends of the Library sounds interesting.

Thanks for doing this!

Charlene Amsden said...

Blueberries and red wine. What else is required?

Barbara H. said...

That's true about the stretching thing in a meeting. If you look bored in line -- well, most people do, too. :-)

What a wonderful legacy! I didn't think there were any believers on my mom's side of the family (though there were "church people," but a few years ago I found out the uncle of my grandfather who raised him when his parents died was a circuit-riding preacher. I had often wondered if anyone back in the family line had been praying for their descendants. I hope so!