Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Year's Goals - Humility


I was feeling pretty good -- I've been mindful of the quality and quantity of my calories this week, and have either been at the gym or doing the Wii Fit Plus each day. So this morning after I finished my Wii session I thought I'd be brave and weigh myself.

First it said, -2.2 lbs! I was pretty happy! Then it said, "the last time you weighed yourself was at 7:37 a.m. Your weight can fluctuate up to 2lbs throughout the day. To have a more accurate measurement, weigh yourself at the same time every day." It was 11 a.m.

So does this mean I only get credit for .2 or just that the Wii is an insufferably snarky machine? I mean really, does this thing know how HARD it is for humans to even stop playing Mario World and put in the Wii Fit disk?

Because I'm a regular gym rat every other day but not on weekends, and I work out hard when I'm there, I'm knowledgeable about what I NEED to do, just not disciplined about it. So the days I'm off from the gym, I do the Wii so I have the habit of exercise, even a bit, each day. The Wii does NOT give credit for you going to do other exercise that it can't measure so it makes comments about how long it's been since your last workout. Oh, and here's another thing. It says, when you're starting up, 'step on.' Then it either says, "great" or the machine equivalent of "ooph"... like "you've put too much weight on me." Fortunately, I have a sense of humor and just ignore it.

I do wish someone would develop a Wii Gospel Aerobics or Step program. THAT I could enjoy! Or if I could just put my own music into the step program that would be good.

Humility. Gotta work on humility.

4 comments:

The Bug said...

Heh - this made me laugh. I need to get off my rear & do SOMETHING - even if it's snarky with me.

Anonymous said...

ooohhh I would so B...h slap that machine for popping off like that LOL Just keep up the good work :) Walking Nalu is good enough for me :)

quilly said...

Humility usually follows humiliation, so be careful what you seek ....

And machines that insult me wouldn't be long for this world.

SouthLakesMom said...

Bug - snarky is okay if it is effective

Thom -- No dog to walk and the parakeet just doesn't seem to want to get on a leash!

Quilly -- if it wasn't effective it would be gone, but I just laugh and keep moving!