Our assistant pastor preached last week and asked a question that has been rattling around in my mind.
Six months from now (that day), when you look back to this date, what will you hope to have accomplished?
Yesterday my teen daughter and I talked about it. Six months from now, she'll be finished with the school year. What does she hope she will have accomplished? Getting her driver's license, getting good grades, successfully completing some big projects that are still ahead of her . . . it was a useful discussion because she's at that age where there are many "THINGS" to do.
For me, I'm still struggling. By June 27, 2010, what will I have accomplished? It seems, as I think about those things, that much of my accomplishment is just moving forward. So, I think I need to set some goals.
Goal Number 1 - Improve Health
- Cut back on coffee to no more than 2 cups per day
- Drink wine only when we are out for dinner
- Be mindful in my gym time
- Exercise more self-control in portion size as well as between meals snacks
Goal Number 2 - Improve Living Spaces
- Create window treatments and shelves for the Family Room
- Make Dining Room warmer & friendlier (Paint? Window Treatments?)
- Make Living Room same
Goal Number 3 - Plan Meals Better
- Plan Ahead
- Use Crock Pot More
Okay, that's enough. Off to fix the black-eyed peas to celebrate New Year's.
Happy New Year Everyone!