Tuesday, May 21, 2013

(Almost) Every Day in May -- Day 21

So there I was, thinking I wouldn't get a ride in today.  I was on phone leash for an exchange student transiting the area.  When that happens, since I live within 10 minutes of the airport, I need to be able to get to the student if a subsequent flight cancels, etc. He was on the ground at 11:45 and his flight was leaving for overseas at 5:10.  I was supposed to tutor at 4:30.

BUT, my husband is also qualified as a volunteer in this situation, so I took a chance and rode my bike to tutor.  What a relief!

My student was very wiggly today.  They've started the SOL (Standards of Learning) Exams and are penned up all day.  She's also not very interested in tutoring as much as socializing.  Sigh.  I held her to the task though and I think she now understands rounding decimals up and down.  Whew!

So on the way home, as I cruised past all the people caught in bumper to bumper traffic (I was on a bike trail), I stopped at the tollroad overpass and took this photo.  I call it, "Why I ride my bike."


No comments: