Saturday, May 4, 2013

Every Day in May - Day 4

It was tough to get my miles in today. I was helping out with our last mandatory AFS meeting with the students. What a great bunch of kids.  They're sad about leaving, but some are ready to go back to whatever "normal" will be back home. In this photo the ones who purchased the cool T-shirt I designed are wearing it.

Here they are:


After the meeting our family decided to go out for dinner at Silver Diner.  My son agreed to ride with me up there so I could stretch my legs and get some miles in.  My husband and daughter met us there. We could have thrown the bikes on the back of the car, but we decided to ride home.  On the way, I stopped to take these two photos.




2 comments:

Mary said...

I was involved with AFS in high school. We went on short-term exchanges. We also hosted an AFS student from Norway when I was in 7th grade, and that same year one of my sisters was an AFS student in Belgium. They definitely have a better program than the group that we participated in 2 years ago.

The Bug said...

Good for you for being creative to get some riding in. Love that flowering bush!