Here are Lidna's questions for Random Dozen, and my answers. I will try to visit others, but we're (once again) experiencing a near-blizzard, and power is iffy. So if I don't get by today, hopefully tomorrow!
1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient? I just want to be left alone, and if I'm not (i.e., if people are trying to make me 'feel better'), then I get grumpy.
2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction? In December when we got the week before Christmas off due to snow, it was great. Now that we've been off again one day last week and this is the third day this week, I'm less thrilled.
3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve? The one I'm not good at is cleaning, but I have no real desire to get so good at it that I'm indispensible.
4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day? Just a couple of touches -- handtowels in the kitchen, and a bowl on the counter that holds the Splenda changes with the holidays so right now it's a red heart shaped bowl. More than that and I have to find them all when it's over, so it's not a huge decorating effort.
5. What song is on your mind today? How Great Is My God
6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic? I find more subtlety in classic movies, so I tend to prefer them. I don't always want to be slapped in the face. And I think the boundaries of what is tasteful have been pushed so far in modern film making (sex, violence), that it is distracting from what might have been a good story.
7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room. I can get over being irritated with him pretty quickly if we're working together towards a common goal, i.e. digging the driveway out from 2 feet of snow.
8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.) True story -- I didn't pay any attention to him. I thought he was after my friend (who had been a Playboy Girls of the ACC) so I didn't pay any attention. He persevered though, so I guess that's the trait -- perseverance.
9. When was the last time your heart raced? Listening to Chris Tomlin right now is pretty heart-racing. When I reflect on the magnitude of God's love, I become weepy.
10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school? I loved it in grade school and hated it in high school. Of course, anything that involved popularity in high school was really traumatic!
11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer? Milka chocolates -- they're originally from Austria.
12. Red or pink? I'm wearing my warmest pajamas right now -- red top and red/pink/white striped pants. So, both!