Wednesday, February 24, 2010
1. Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow? Yes, I got fire at an archery range when I was a 13-year old girl scout. I also had to qualify on a firearm when I was in the Air Force. All I can say is that it's a good thing we don't rely on the lawyers (I was a JAG) to defend us with firearms.
2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are? Nope.
3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time? Early.
4. Are you more of a New York or California type? Neither.
5. Do you have a special ring tone? Yes, Live Out Loud, by Steven Curtis Chapman
6. What is your favorite type of chip? Sun Chips
7. Best comedy you've ever seen is .... The old "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" show
8. Have you ever cut your own hair? To quote Dr. Phil, "How'd that work for ya?" I regularly trim up my bangs, but the "CUT" has to be done by Tyler.
9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self? My personal self - I'd love to have someone give me fashion/make-up advice, but I probably wouldn't stick with it, so never mind.
10. Are you allergic to anything? Yep, apples and strawberries unless they've been baked thoroughly.
11. Why is it so hard to change? Because change involves self-control and we are powerless to do that for any length of time absent help from the Holy Spirit.
12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, "To love is to be vulnerable." Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you'd like to about this topic. See my post on the "Self-Deprecating Tongue".
To celebrate Lent, I am offering a giveaway of The Peacemaker book. This is the student edition of The Peacemaker: Handling Conflict without Fighting Back or Running Away by Ken Sande and Kevin Johnson. If you would like to be in the drawing for this book, please leave me a note in the comments. I'll announce the winner on Wednesday, February 24, at 8:00 p.m. I will select a winner by pulling a name out of a hat. I'll post it here and you'll have 24 hours from that posting to e-mail me to tell me your mailing address.