It's that time again, and Linda at 2nd cup has given us 11 random questions and a fill in your own question. If you haven't joined in before, that 'fill in your own question' might just push you over the edge . . . so jump in with both feet!
1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be? None. One marathon just about killed me.
2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past? Nadia when she was cute and little and scored the first 10 of her career.
3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics? Yes, my friend's daughter went to the summer olympics in Beijing to compete in swimming.
4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in? This is why I couldn't be an olympian. I'm a generalist, not a specialist. I do lots of things well, but nothing particular that I can say would require the focus of olympic stature.
5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage? Yes. Lots of English/Welsh/Scot but everyone in this country by late 1600's.
6. Do you enjoy sleeping late? I adore the idea but when I get the chance I tend to go ahead and get up.
7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.) No. Yes.
8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why. Can I choose a region? I'd like to travel the Holy Land -- all of it -- without being harrassed. Sigh. I know, it's a dream.
9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically? Yes, I fixed my hair dresser up with a runner I did the marathon with. Three years later they were married!
10. What is the last book you read? Drive by Daniel Pink.
12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant? It used to be Chicken Cashew at Thai Towne, but Thai Towne closed so I haven't found a good substitute yet.
And finally, a big THANK YOU to Lidna, for the great John 3:16 T-shirt! I love to wear "proclaim it" T-shirts to the gym so this is one to add to the collection. People ALWAYS read T-Shirts at the gym (mostly to see if they've competed in the same races). Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lidna! You and your blog are a blessing in my life!