Friday, March 5, 2010

AMAZING Class!

I went to the gym this morning.  I have 5 different circuit training workouts that I alternate.  You would think that with five I wouldn't get bored, but I do sometimes. Fortuitously, just as I was getting ready to start, I ran into one of the trainers I know who was getting ready to teach her work-out class.  She told me I should come take it this morning because we'd be drumming!

Yeah, no kidding!

We warmed up with some boxing moves and high kicks and a few laps.  And then we started drumming.  The set up is a fitness ball on top of some inverted risers.  They're set in a grid so that each member has a ball in front, to the right, left, and behind.  Then she passed out drumsticks.  REAL drumsticks.  And started the African music.  IT WAS SO COOL!  I had my heart rate monitor on and when we really got going I was up in the 160's easy!

Here's a youtube video of a similar class.



Man, if she does that every Friday, I'll be a convert to taking classes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool. I've never heard of that. I love it. Excellent video my friend :)

Mary said...

Now that's the way to exercise! Looks like so much fun!

SouthLakesMom said...

It was so much fun that I dreamed about it last night! I can't wait to take another class!