If you don't know the drill: copy the questions, write your answers, publish on your blog on Wednesday, and link to Linda at 2nd Cup. Then visit other players, write nice comments, and celebrate what unites us and marvel at where we're diverse! Thank you again, Linda, for hosting each week. I now know how much work it entails!
1. How do you feel about the marshmallow Easter Peeps? Ick.
2. Chickens are notoriously nervous creatures. When you are nervous, what is the best way to calm down? Go read a book. If the situation makes that impossible, I just breathe deeply.
3. People say, "April showers bring May flowers." Do you enjoy Spring rains? I LOVE a good thunderstorm with crashing noises and gorgeous lightning splitting the sky. The drizzle all day German kind of weather -- not so much.
4. When I was randomly flipping through TV channels this week, I saw a show in which tattoo parlor employees received tattoos of a co-worker's face on their bodies. I can't imagine having a portrait of a colleague tattooed on me. But if someone forced you to receive a portrait tattoo (face only) of anyone, who would it be? Why? Well, at first I was going to say Jesus, but we don't really know what He looked like . . . so . . . if I HAD to do this, I guess I'd choose Groucho Marx. At least it would be funny when I got older and saggy.
5. Would you rather have a tattoo (any kind) or a nose ring? Ick, neither. But if HAD to have one, the tattoo.
6. Do you have any special plans for Easter? I'm trying to convince my family that this is the PERFECT year to go to the Easter Sunrise service on the National Mall in DC. Then we'll come back for our church service. Then the "FAMILY" is coming over for dinner at 6 when my b-in-law gets off work. Prayer would be appreciated for this event.
7. Cadbury Eggs or Reese Eggs? Cadbury
8. What was the last thing/person you took a picture of? Mini-daffodils.
9. What book are you reading now, or what was the last one? Just finished: The Color of Water by James McBride (awesome book, highly recommend). Still working on: The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan and Death & The Walking Stick by Linda Berry. Oh yes, I'm working on an old Gerald Durrell too, The Drunken Forest. I rarely read just one book at a time!
10. What do you think is the most difficult task when it comes to Spring cleaning? Windows. Even with my new 'easy clean' windows, it has been a L-O-N-G winter and they're really grubby. I'm missing the power washer (died during the fall).
11. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own? None
12. Which color makes you happiest? Yellow