Friday, March 26, 2010

Old Cassette Tapes

I have an old cassette tape of a farewell concert from a church we attended years ago.  One of the very talented vocalists was a military member and was being reassigned. His was the kind of voice that could turn the most mundane lyrics into chilling reminders of how important the Gospel is.

This morning on the way to the gym I popped the tape in and listened to "He's Alive."  Despite the age of the tape and the quality of the recording, I sat in my car to listen to the finish and found tears rolling down my cheeks.

So I had to come home and find it on YouTube.  Here it is, by the original musician/performer, Don Francisco. Hope it gives you shivers.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I've heard this song before...gives me chills. Thanks!

quilly said...

I love this song when David Phelps sings it. The first time I heard it I was driving and I had to pull the car over. It is just too incredible and overwhelming. When I listen to it, I worship and I can't do anything else.