Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Freestyle Haiku


Jenn at You Know . . . That Blog? graciously hosts this haiku meme each Wednesday. If you've forgotten everything you learned in third grade about it, you can still do haiku. Face it, you're probably better at counting syllables now anyway. It's three lines. The first line gets 5 syllables, second line 7 syllables, third line 5 syllables again.  Haiku (that's the plural as well) do not necessarily have to be deep and meaningful. Some are though.

This week, the topic is Freestyle.  I think that means we can write about whatever occurs to us. If, instead, it is referring to a particular kind of skiing or sports activity, I apologize. I'm stickin' with my interpretation. :-)

Empty tomb. Meaning?
Sin equals death no more, but
it's your freewill choice



9 comments:

Nessa said...

Perfect for the week before Easter.

No Longer 25 said...

Very appropriate timing. I hope you have a lovely Easter weekend.
Jade

Ria said...

That's perfect for Easter!!

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

Thought provoking! Not sure I'm capable of it this early in the morning though ;)

I love seeing what people come up with on Freestyle days! So clever!

quilly said...

The word verification below is Fandrago. That makes me appreciate the message of Easter - -and your haiku -- just a little bit more.

Death doesn't win. Jesus lives!

Anonymous said...

How good is this the week before Easter. Excellent my friend :)

LarryG said...

choices for success - no?

Jane said...

I love Haiku - we've been studying them for homeschooling lately and I keep a little journal by my bed and write them in each day - I should blog a few of them - the children write some really neat ones - it's a fun way to sum u our days sometimes :)

Thanks for the link!

SouthLakesMom said...

Nessa, Jade, Ria - thank you for the encouragement!

Jenn -- more coffee...I know what you mean though! And thanks again for hosting!

Q - as I read your 3WT this morning, Fandango was very much in my mind and heart. Thank God for the empty tomb!

Thom & Larry -- nice to have the guys check in - thank you for your nice words! Happy Easter!

Jane -- I'm sure that Jenn would LOVE for your children to participate in the Haiku Wednesday. It is a very gentle crowd that does so, and anything that is really deep will probably go right over their heads!