Thank you for everyone who has been so kind about my hosting. Clearly, Lidna is the queen on this, but I do have a new appreciation for how much she does for us each week! No wonder she gets tired sometimes! And trust me, this is harder than it appears!
1. What is your favorite sign of Spring? This past weekend I could hear the kids in the neighborhood laughing and playing outside and I could actually hear the bicycle tires . . . and the dads who were out trying to get the youngest ones up on two wheels. That was a great sign of spring.
2. Did you remember to spring forward on March 14? If not, how did it impact your day? We did remember, but we were still really tired.
3. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable would you plant in a garden this year? My daughter is going through a colored bell pepper phase, so every color of bell pepper!
4. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit would you plant? Mango
5. What is your least favorite insect? One that is in the house.
6. March 22 was World Water Day. To celebrate, here are some water questions. Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand? I only grab bottled water if I've left my water bottle behind. So, then it is whatever is cheapest. At home we have filtered water.
7. Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that? When Hurricane Isabel came through here a couple of years ago we were boiling water for a couple of days just to be on the safe side. My brother-in-law, the former Marine, has some pills you can add to water to make it safe, but I wonder whether the cure is worse than the pathogens. My husband took them to Kenya with him though.
8. How many glasses of water do you drink per day? 3-4
9. March 24 is the birthday of Harry Houdini. Have you ever watched a professional magic show? Share. Yes, we saw Lance Burton in Las Vegas in 1989. He was amazing.
10. Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)? No.
11. March 24 is also the birthday of Steve McQueen and Clyde Barrow. Do you like Westerns or gangster movies? If so, what is your favorite? I like Westerns, but mostly for the music. We watched Stagecoach as a family recently. I remembered having to watch it as part of a Film Appreciation class in college. It was still good.
12. (Really random) What U.S. state that you've never visited would you like to visit someday?